Fairfax Marijuana Defense Lawyer

Marijuana crimes, from possession to sales to growing the plants, are some of the most common drug crimes in the Washington, D.C., area. Too many people facing marijuana charges do not appreciate how serious the situation is, believing that a conviction will carry only minor consequences.

My name is Jonathan Y. Short, and I am a marijuana defense attorney with more than 25 years of experience defending people in northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C., metro area. My clients include both adults and juveniles who have been arrested for marijuana possession, drug trafficking, operating a marijuana grow house or any other type of drug crime. Whether this is your first criminal offense or you have a record, I will work diligently to achieve the best possible outcome in your case.

A Lawyer Helping You Understand the Consequences of Conviction

If this marijuana offense is the first crime with which you have been charged, I will search for weaknesses in the evidence against you in an attempt to have the case dismissed outright. If, however, that is not possible, I will do everything possible to have you entered into a first offender program. If you complete the requirements of the program by paying fines, going through drug treatment and fulfilling any other obligations, your case will be dismissed and you will have no mark on your criminal record.

As an experienced lawyer, I will devote all my energy and effort to preventing the consequences that may come from a marijuana conviction. Some of these include:

  • A criminal record that could make it difficult to get the job you want
  • Impact on college admissions
  • Difficulty getting a mortgage or getting approved to rent
  • Restrictions on traveling abroad due to a criminal record
  • Suspension of your driver’s license

Contact an Arlington Marijuana Possession Attorney

If you or your child is accused of a marijuana crime in Arlington, Alexandria or Washington, D.C., reach out to me for help. You can schedule a consultation by calling 703-465-5505 or toll free 703-582-8583. You can also email my law firm.

Show Comments