If you need an effective, affordable, and ethical lawyer with a reputation for getting results, please contact the law office of Jonathan Short for a free five minute consultation.
I provide skilled legal services to clients throughout northern Virginia and DC metropolitan area in matters of criminal defense, divorce and family law, traffic violations and DUI / DWI, small business and consumer law, and estate planning and administration. Whether you need a strong criminal or traffic lawyer to fight for you in court, or a loyal consumer and small business lawyer who will fight for your issues, please contact me today.
I have helped clients resolve legal issues for 18 years. I’d like to put my skills and experience to work for you.
As a solo practitioner, I’m able to give your legal issue the personal attention it deserves. I work directly with you throughout your entire case. I’ll return your calls promptly and keep you informed of developments.
As a hands-on attorney, I believe that handling every aspect of your case myself gives me a better understanding of your situation. It is an advantage for you as well, in that it keeps your attorney fees low.
I am known for my integrity as well as my legal ability. I have a strong, ethical core. I am honest in all my dealings with clients, including my billing practices. I don’t recommend unreasonable legal solutions merely to increase my fees.
I listen closely to your objectives and then give you a direct, honest assessment of your case. I fight hard to meet your goals and do not stop fighting until the best possible outcome has been achieved.
I’ve earned a reputation as a strong negotiator and an excellent litigator. After 18 years of trying cases before judges and juries, I do not shy away from taking a case to court if that’s the way to achieve the best possible outcome for you, the client.
I’m very detail oriented. I have represented clients in civil court in matters dealing with auditing and accounting problems, such as auto shops that double- and triple-billed their customers. If your case demands an attorney who is meticulous about his work, please contact Jonathan Y. Short, P.C. Off-site appointments are available.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Probate & Estate Administration
- 65% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 1988
- District of Columbia, 1989
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1989
- William and Mary Law School, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. – 1987
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- A.B.magna cum laude – 1982
- Blue and White Collar Clients Accused of Crimes
- Separated Couples Seeking Amicable Settlements
- Parents with Disruptive Children
- Wachovia Bank N.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Pro Bono Activities
- Member of Panel of Attorneys, VA Indigent Commission to Handle Felonies, 1989 – Present
- Pro Bono Attorney, Legal Services of Northern Virginia, 2001 – Present